42, Chungjeol-ro, Seocheon-eup, Seocheon-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
Travel Hotline : +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Located in a marine city abundant with mudflats in the Korean peninsula’s southernmost point, Seocheon Specialty Market is particularly known for offering high-quality seafood. It has been repositioning itself as a specialty market since its relocation in 2004 by constantly modernizing its facilities, adopting a card payment system, and providing delivery services.
In addition, Seocheon-gun, where the market is located, hosts a variety of seasonal festivals including Korea’s one and only traditional fabric festival called Hansan Mosi, along with The Tradition of Millennium, Seocheon Camellia Octopus Festival, Seocheon Hongwonhang Gizzard Shad & Crab Festival, and Seocheon Natural Flatfish & Sea Bream Festival. You are welcomed to drop by most-visited tourist attractions in this town such as National Institute of Ecology, Chunjangdae Beach, and Sinseong-ri Reed Beds, along with a chance to enjoy the Eight Scenic Views of Seocheon.
* Closed on the first Tuesday of the month (except when it is on the 2nd or 7th day of the month on which Seocheon Fifth-Day Market is held. In addition, the market will be closed on the following day if the first Tuesday of the month is a public holiday.)
A public parking lot (accommodating up to 600 vehicles) within 10 meters of the market
Bokjumeoni (fortune pouch) in ramie cloth
(Limited to 200 people on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Sliced raw fish
- Half-moon shaped ramie rice cakes
- Hansan Sogokju
Tourist Attractions Nearby
National Institute of Ecology, Janghang Skywalk, National Marine Biodiversity Institute of Korea, Dongbaekjeong Pavilion, Chunjangdae Beach, Hansan Mosi (Ramie Fabric) Museum, Munheonseowon Confucian Academy
- Seocheon Camellia Octopus Festival
- Seocheon Natural Flatfish & Sea Bream Festival
- Marine Products Festival Janghang
- HANSANMOSI The Tradition of Millennium
Do not duplicate any images on this website without permission.
Copyrights (c) KOREA TOURISM ORGANIZATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.