Gukje Market consists of about 690 stores. As Busan’s largest traditional market, located in Sinchang-dong, Jung-gu, Gukje Market offers a lot to see and eat. At Gukje Market, you can try Busan’s famous local food such as spicy glass noodles, sugar-filled seeded griddlecake, wheat noodles, pig’s trotters, and pork and rice soup, and you can also purchase diverse clothing and miscellaneous goods. In Patbingsu Alley, you can sample tasty red bean porridge and shaved ice with sweetened red beans. This area has become a famous tourist attraction, frequented by foreigners and known as a film set for Ode to My Father , which achieved fame after its worldwide release. It is possible to encounter vendors fluent in and signboards written in foreign languages, which resulted in Gukje Market being designated as one of the Traditional Markets for Foreigners to Visit in Korea.
Gukje Market, Bupyeong Kkangtong Market, and Jagalchi Market are widely known as Busan’s Top Three Markets. Bupyeong Kkangtong Market (Kkangtong means "cans") was named after the fact that it was where a huge amount of canned food flew in after the Korean War. Korea’s first permanent night market was born right here, offering many things to see including Odeng Alley (Fish Cake Alley) and Imported Goods Shopping Mall.
Jagalchi Market is a large-scale market specializing in fresh and dried seafood. It is highly exciting to be in this market as it is always crowed with energetic vendors. Do not miss a chance to try one of the great restaurants specializing in a wide variety of delicious seafood dishes. Enjoy what the market offers to the fullest!
09:00–20:00 everyday (* Opening hours may vary depending on the store.)
* Closed on the first and third Sundays of the month
02:00–22:00 everyday (* Opening hours may vary depending on the store.)
Bupyeong Kkangtong Market
08:00–20:00 everyday (Night Market: 19:30–23:00 / Opening hours may vary depending on the store.)
- Gukje Market : Paid parking lots within 50 meters of the market (The services may vary depending on the parking lot.)
- Jagalchi Market : A paid parking lot inside the market
- Bupyeong Kkangtong Market : Bupyeong Public Parking Lot inside the market
- Gukje Market : Sweet red bean porridge
- Jagalchi Market : Assorted sliced raw fish, Spicy seafood stew, Lobster
- Bupyeong Kkangtong Market : Fried tofu stuffed with glass noodles and vegetables, Sugar-filled seeded griddlecake, Fish cakes